Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Great as leftovers too.
May be served on a toothpick at parties.
3 lbground beef
1 cbread crums, plain or homemade
1 cminced white or yellow onion
3 Tbspworcester suace
2 cloveminced garic
1 tspblack pepper
1 tspsalt not to much
2 cpacked brown suger
2 Tbspheaping tbs. of corn starch
1 capple cider vinegar
1/4 csoy sause dark
2 can(s)pineapple, chunks and all of the juice
1green bell pepper
1red bell pepper
6 ccooked white rice
How to Make Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Mix all meatball stuff together well.
beef, bread crums, milk, onion, worchester, garlic, eggs, pepper and salt.
- Roll into 1/2 inch or 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet with some space between each ball.
- Place in heated oven and cook for 30 to 45 min.
(till cooked thrue)
Use a big pot, will be simmering meatball in suace.
If suace is to sweet add more vinegar, if to Sour add more brown suger.
- Heat pot...warm...can still tuch bottom of pot with finger.( DO NOT MAKE POT HOT! )
- Add browm suger and cornstarch, mix well with wisk.
- When brown suger is worm add pinapple juice from bouth cans. Stir with spoon till all brown suger disolved.
- Add Apple cider vinegar, soy suace and bellpeppers. Turn up heat to med. Simmer till starts to get thick.
- Place cooked Meatballs in suace and simmer 30 to 45 min.
- Serve over white rice.