Sweet And Sour Brisket1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbbeef brisket
16 ozstewed tomatoes
2 tspbrown sugar
2 Tbspcold water
How to Make Sweet And Sour Brisket
- In 10 inch skillet combine undrained tomatoes, undrained sauerkraut, applesauce and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Add brisket, spooning mixture over the meat.
- Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender, spooning sauce occassionally.
- Transfer meat to serving platter, keep warm.
- Skim off fat from pan juices.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch, stir into tomato mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, cook 2 more minutes.
- Serve as gravy.