Sweet and Sour Beef
My picture is that of Venison. Outstanding either way!
- 2 lb
- lean beef, cubed
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 c
- juice of 1 lemon
- pepper to taste
- rice, cooked
- ***optional: sliced green onion for garnish
How to Make Sweet and Sour Beef
- 1In a skillet, lightly sear beef cubes in 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine on all sides. Remove to a 2 1/2-quart round baking dish.
- 2Combine tomato sauce, lemon juice, sugar and pepper to taste in a bowl; mix well. Pour over beef, stir.
- 3Bake, covered at 325 degrees for 3 hours. Serve over hot cooked rice. ***Optional: Garnish with sliced green onion.