1 lblean ground beef
1 1/2 cseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cdry sherry
1/2 tspground mace
1 1/4 cheavy or whipping cream
·all purpose flour
2 Tbspsalad oil
1 can(s)10 oz condensed beef consomme
How to Make swedish meatballs
- in large bowl combine first six ingredients with 3/4 cup cream. shape into about 40 meatballs on waxed paper.
- in about 1/2 cup flour coat meatballs. in 12 inch skillet over medium high heat, in hot oil brown meatballs evenly and well. drain on paper towels and wipe skillet clean.
- in same skillet melt margerine on medium heat, stir in 1 tablespoon flour untill well blended and smooth.
- gradually stir in undiluted consomme and half cup cream. heat to boiling stirring contstantly.
- add meatballs and bay leaf, simmer covered 15 minutes or until meatballs are tender. discard bay leaf. serve in chafing dish to keep hot or remove to crock pot on low to keep warm. I prefer to put them in crockpot as to keep them warm while serving
- note ended up having to double the sauce but found out is not a crockpot dish better served right away over noodles. next time I suggest just making the meatballs and put in fridge then make the noodles and sauch and pour over at last minute to put in crock pot to go.