Susan's Sirloin Tip Roast
One3-4 pound sirloin tip roast
·(get one that fits your crock pot very closely)
1white onion, sliced thin
2 clovegarlic, smashed and sliced
·coarse ground black pepper
How to Make Susan's Sirloin Tip Roast
- Sear roast on all sides by placing in a very hot greased iron skillet and turning every couple of minutes.
- Place roast in crock pot on low. Pour the water around the roast. Sprinkle with pepper and a little salt if desired. Place the garlic and onions over top of the roast. Cover crock pot and cook on low 6 hours.
- With a meat thermometer, check the thickest part of the roast for doneness. I cook until it reaches 160 degrees. When done, remove roast from crock pot with 2 large spatulas or spoons and place on serving platter.
- Take meat juices and onions from crock pot and place in sauce pan. Dissolve 1/4 cup flour in 1/2 cup water and add to drippings. Boil as for gravy until thick. Add more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- This roast should slice - it does for me. The cooking time is approximate depending on the size of your roast and how the crock pot cooks. I used the medium size crock pot - about 3 quarts capacity.