WaffleCrumbs aka Lyn
1/2 cfrozen corn, thawed
1/2 cgrated cheddar cheese
1/2 cgrated monterey jack cheese
3/4 cbread crumbs, plus 2 t.
8 oztomato sauce
1/2 tspchili powder
1 1/2 lblean ground beef
·salt to taste
How to Make Surprise Meatloaf
- Heat oven to 350*. Thaw corn, grate cheeses, combine corn, cheese & the 2 T. breadcrumbs.
- Combine tomato sauce, chili powder & oregano.
- Combine beef, egg, 1 1/2 t. salt & the 3/4 cup bread crumbs and half the tomato mixture.
- Press about 2/3 of the beef mixture in a 8x4 loaf pan and push up the sides to make a trough. Add corn, cheese & crumb mixture in trough and cover with remaining beef mixture. Spread remaining tomato mixture on top.
- Bake until firm about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.