Surprise Meat Loaf Squares1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lblean ground beef
2 ceggplant, pared, finely chopped
1/2 conion, chopped
1/4 cquick cooking oats
1/2 tspbasil, leaves
16 ozcan stewed tomatoes
1garlic clove, minced
How to Make Surprise Meat Loaf Squares
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the meat, eggplant, onion, egg, milk, oats, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the basil together.
- Spread the mixture into an ungreased baking pan 8x8x2 or 9x9x2-inches.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic, cornstarch and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Cut the meat loaf into squares and top with the tomato sauce when you serve it.
- NOTE: Any type of summer squash can be substituted for the eggplant in this recipe.