Super Tasty Enchiladas
I was surprised that he not only liked it but asked for it again. This time I put the fire-roasted sauce in it and it made quite a difference! You can make this as hot as you like - ours is sort of a mild-medium recipe here because I chose to use the mild seasoning packets and mild taco sauce.
I also eyeballed the ground meat so adjust to taste for the seasoning, if you like. Please let me know how you like it!
- pounds ground beef (80/20)
- chopped onion
- 1/4 c
- packet taco seasoning (mild or spicy - your choice)
- packet fajita seasoning (mild or spicy - your choice)
- corn tortillas
- shredded mexican blend cheese
- 2 can(s)
- fire-roasted tomato enchilada sauce
- 3/4 c
- sour cream (low-fat is ok but we go for the gusto)
- 1 c
- taco sauce (mild or spicy - your choice)
MUST HAVE INGREDIENT
How to Make Super Tasty Enchiladas
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2In a saute pan, cook onion until just translucent - about 5 minutes.
- 3Add beef, both seasoning packets and water to the onions. Cook on medium/high heat. Stir frequently to disperse ingredients well.
- 4While the beef mixture is cooking, make the sauce in a bowl by combining 2 cans of fire-roasted tomato enchilada sauce, sour cream and taco sauce.
- 5Remove the cooked beef and strain to remove the grease. Add 1/2 cup of sauce/sour cream mixture to the beef.
- 6Spray a baking pan with PAM. Spoon a thin layer of the sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- 7Burn the tortillas by raising the burner to medium high and, one at a time and very quickly burn both sides of the corn tortilla, adding flavor and softening them for rolling. (If you're using a gas burner, you'll need to be very careful when burning. If you feel uncomfortable with the process, then heat the tortillas up in a frying pan with a little PAM just enough to make them pliable for rolling.)
- 8Drop the meat by spoonfuls into the warm corn tortilla and roll them carefully. Place them seam-side down in the sauce-lined baking pan.
- 9After all the tortillas are rolled up and snug inside the pan, spoon the sauce into the pan, moving the enchiladas a bit to allow the sauce to get to all sides. (it's possible you will have reserve sauce depending on the quantity of your enchiladas - this reserve sauce can be frozen for your next batch.)
- 10Cover the top with cheese.
- 11Bake @ 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely on the top and the sauce is bubbling. Enjoy!