Sunday Rib Roast Of Beef and Wild Mushrooms1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2garlic cloves, minced
1beef rib roast about 9 pounds
1 ozwild mushrooms, dried, any kind
2 cwarm water
1 cbeef broth
2leeks, white part only, finely chopped
3/4 lbwild mushrooms, fresh sliced
2 Tbspchopped parsley
4plum tomatoes chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sunday Rib Roast Of Beef and Wild Mushrooms
- Combine salt, pepper and garlic and rub the mixture into the surface of the beef.
- Place the beef in a roasting pan, fat side up, and roast for 1 hour.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees and continue roasting for about 1 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the meat registers 130 degrees for medium-rare or 140 degree for medium.
- About 30 minutes before the roast will be done, begin preparing the mushrooms.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in the warm water until they are completely soft and completely rehydrated, about 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the mushrooms, rinse well, and set aside.
- Strain the soaking liquid through a coffee filter.
- Combine the strained soaking liquid and the beef broth in a saucepan, place over high heat and reduce to 1 cup; set aside.
- Saute the leeks in butter in a large deep skillet until softened.
- Add fresh wild mushrooms, leeks, soaked wild mushrooms, rosemary and parsley.
- Cook until the mushrooms begin to release their moisture.
- Add the tomatoes and the reduced soaking liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- When the beef is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut the meat from the rack of bones and into 1/8-inch slices.
- Heat the mushroom sauce to a simmer and serve with the meat.