Sunbeam Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbround steak
1minced garlic clove
1celery stalk, finely chopped
1.5 ctomatoes, cooked, chopped
1/2green pepper sliced thin
How to Make Sunbeam Swiss Steak
- Lay meat on a bread board and pound flour into both sides until flour is absorbed by steak.
- Preheat frypan to 280 then add fat.
- When fat is melted, add onions, saute and stir until golden color (about 3 minutes), remove from fat.
- Set dial at 360 degrees and add 2 tablespoons additional fat.
- When hot, add meat, brown well on both sides (10 to 15 minutes), increasing heat if necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread sauteed onions, garlic, celery, tomatoes and pepper slices over steak. Cover.
- Turn dial to simmering point, simmer until tender, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove meat to hot platter, skim off fat from drippings.
- Add a few drops bottled gravy sauce, of desired.
- Pour over meat. (If desired thicken drippings to make gravy.)
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with hot noodles, rice or potatoes.