Sunbeam Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1.5 lb
- round steak
- 1/3 c
- onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1.5 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- minced garlic clove
- celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1.5 c
- tomatoes, cooked, chopped
- green pepper sliced thin
- chopped parsley
How to Make Sunbeam Swiss Steak
- 1Lay meat on a bread board and pound flour into both sides until flour is absorbed by steak.
- 2Preheat frypan to 280 then add fat.
- 3When fat is melted, add onions, saute and stir until golden color (about 3 minutes), remove from fat.
- 4Set dial at 360 degrees and add 2 tablespoons additional fat.
- 5When hot, add meat, brown well on both sides (10 to 15 minutes), increasing heat if necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Spread sauteed onions, garlic, celery, tomatoes and pepper slices over steak. Cover.
- 7Turn dial to simmering point, simmer until tender, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 8Remove meat to hot platter, skim off fat from drippings.
- 9Add a few drops bottled gravy sauce, of desired.
- 10Pour over meat. (If desired thicken drippings to make gravy.)
- 11Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 12Serve with hot noodles, rice or potatoes.