Summer Time Garden, Bacon & Beef Grill
Diane Hopson Smith
What a perfect time to make this sammie with all the fresh veggies coming in. We have fresh summer squash growing in the garden and we always have bacon on hand. We had just grilled a chuck roast yesterday using Lynn Socko's wonderful recipe for "Grilled Chuck Roast".
I had never put summer squash on a sandwich before but then I thought, why not?
This turned out to be one of the tastiest sammies I've ever eat if I have to say so myself!
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium
- onions, vidalia, sliced
- green and red bell pepper, sliced
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large
- yellow summer squash
- 4 slice
- fried bacon
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz
- sliced roast (i used left over grilled chuck roast - lynn socko's recipe)
- 4 slice
- texas toast grill and gridle bread
- butter, room temperature
- marble jack cheese, sliced
How to Make Summer Time Garden, Bacon & Beef Grill
- 2Begin heating stove top grill over a medium heat.
- 5Slather butter on the outsides of bread; place 2 sliced of bread (buttered sides down) in grill skillet. Top with veggies and beef. Top with bacon and cheese. Place bread (buttered side up) on top. Grill until browned and flip sammie. Grill other side until browned and cheese has melted. Remove from heat, slice and serve. Enjoy!