- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1.5 lb
- lean ground beef
- 2 pkg
- brown gravy mix
- mashed potatoes
How to Make Suge's Blue Plate Special
- 1Heat oil in a skillet; add onion and saute over medium-low heat until softened.
- 2Add the ground beef; brown, breaking beef up into small pieces.
- 3Drain off any excess fat.
- 4If using a dry gravy mix, either prepare the gravy in a separate saucepan and add to ground beef mixture, OR remove meat from the skillet, set aside, prepare the gravy in the skillet.
- 5Then return the meat to the skillet and heat through.
- 6Serve over mashed potatoes, either homemade or from a box.
- 7Blue plate special is usually with peas and carrots on the side or mac and cheese ans a roll.