Succulent Sour Cream Pot-Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 5 lb
- boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- garlic clove, pressed
- 2 small
- chopped onions
- 1/2 c
- tomato sauce
- bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- sour cream
- buttered noodles
How to Make Succulent Sour Cream Pot-Roast
- 1Dredge pot-roast in flour; brown all sides in cooking oil in dutch oven.
- 2Slip rack under meat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Add water, garlic, onion, tomato sauce, bay leaf and thyme.
- 4Cover and cook in a 325 oven 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 5Cook sliced mushrooms in butter in small frying-pan until tender and golden.
- 6When meat is tender, remove to cutting board.
- 7Remove bay leaf.
- 8Thicken cooking liquid with 2 tablespoon flour combined with 1/4 cup water, if desired.
- 9Add mushrooms and sour cream to cooking liquid; cook over moderate heat but do not allow to boil.
- 10Slice beef; serve with hot buttered noodles sprinkled with paprika.
- 11Pass our cream sauce separately.