Stuffed Reuben Burgers!
We make a big batch of these up and freeze them on a baking sheet, bag them up in zipper bags, and store in the freezer... Then when we are ready to have them again... we thaw them.. fry them and top them with fresh ingredients on fresh buns.
We made these for a party... and they were a big hit!
- 3 1/2 lb
- ground beef (lean)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 4 slice
- swiss cheese pre-wrapped slices (cut into 4 squares)
- 1 can(s)
- (15 ounces) sauerkraut (drained and sqeezed)
- 1 bottle
- thousand island dressing
- 8 slice
- deli sliced swiss cheese
- pumpernickel buns, rye buns (can use white buns too)
- use left over sauerkaut and thousand island dressing to put on top of hamburgers
BURGERS WITH FILLING
CHEESE TO MELT ON TOP OF BURGERS
How to Make Stuffed Reuben Burgers!
- 1Separate the ground beef into 16 equal size balls. Flatten the balls out into about 4 inch patties.
Cut the cheese slices into 4 small squares. Put 2 squares on top of each of 8 hamberger patties.
On top of the cheese, put 1 Tablespoon of sauerkaut, and then up to 1 Tablespoon of the Thousand Island Dressing.
- 2Put the remaining 8 hamburger patties carefully on top of the ones with fillings. Press the patties together around the edges to create a seal.
- 3Fry in a large pan on medium-high. Sprinkle each hamburger patty with some black pepper. When burgers are done, top with swiss cheese, put 1 Tbs. water in pan and put lid on pan to melt the cheese. Place on buns and use sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing to top.
Serve right away!