★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbground beef
1/2 cuncooked long grain white rice
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tsponion powder
6green bell peppers
2 can(s)tomato sauce 8 oz ea
1 tspitalian seasoning
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Cook the rice according to the suggestion on the package
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright) Check out the bottoms when you purchase them to make sure they can stand upright.
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic poweer, onion powder, salt and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and italian seasoning in a bowl and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.