- green peppers (whole)
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped onion (or more to taste)
- 2 c
- soft bread crumbs (i use gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 pt
- stewed tomatoes (or 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp
- pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 c
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
- 1Cut a slice from the top of each pepper; remove seeds and white membrane.
- 2Precook peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, brown onion and hamburger in hot skillet, chopping to break up lumps.
- 4Remove from heat; drain. Add bread crumbs, tomatoes, salt, pepper and mustard.
- 5Fill pepper cases with mixture. Dot tops with butter, then replace pepper "caps" to top of stuffed pepper.
- 6Place in baking dish (I find a loaf pan works best to hold them upright) and pour in 1 cup of water into bottom of baking dish.
- 7Bake 375* for 35 minutes.