Stuffed New York Strip Steaks
2new york strip steaks
1 cfeta cheese (or gorgonzola)
1/2 croasted red bell peppers strips
2 cspinach leaves, fresh
2 cmushrooms, sliced
1 mediumonion, sliced
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 cred wine
How to Make Stuffed New York Strip Steaks
- Soak toothpicks in water for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak in half lengthwise, so you have 2 thinner pieces. Rub oil on the outside of each piece.
- Lay a piece of the steak flat. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cheese onto steak and spread out. Layer a few strips of the red pepper and spinach leaves atop the cheese. Roll the steak closed, and stick with a toothpick to keep closed; set aside. Repeat with remaining steak.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the sugar, onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Add wine, and saute for another 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until steaks are ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- Heat your grill to medium. Grill the steaks, turning every few minutes, to evenly cook all sides. Remove from heat.
- Top with mushroom and onion saute, and serve with your choice of side dishes.