Stuffed Green Peppers (easy)
*You can also freeze the leftovers, for another meal.
- 12 medium
- green bell peppers
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- 1 large
- salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- 1 can(s)
- (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped w/juice
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 c
- rice, uncooked
- 2 c
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- 3 can(s)
- (10.75oz) can condensed tomato soup
- water, as needed
How to Make Stuffed Green Peppers (easy)
- 1Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 10 minutes, or until beef is browned & onions are soft. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt, pepper & garlic powder (to your liking). Stir in the chopped tomatoes & juice, uncooked rice, 2 cups water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
- 4Bake covered for 45 minutes to an hour, until green peppers are cooked to your liking.