Stuffed Green Peppers
4green bell peppers
1/2 lbhamburger meat
8 pinchmozzarella cheese
2 each pinchsalt and peper (or to taste)
15 oztomato sauce
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1/2 tspbasil, dried
1/2 tspparsley, dried
How to Make Stuffed Green Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of green peppers and set aside. Remove seeds from inside peppers.
- In a large pot of gently boiling water, parboil peppers and tops until they are tender. Remove and place peppers cut side down in an 8x8 glass pan to allow peppers to drain and cool slightly.
- Brown ground beef with onion, then drain
- Mix spices and tomato sauce together in small bowl or measuring cup for easy pouring
- In a large bowl, combine cooked beef and onions, cooked rice, cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste
- Add sauce gradually until the mixture is completely moist, but not soupy. There may be some leftover sauce
- Place green peppers right side up in the baking dish. Using a small serving spoon or soup spoon, begin stuffing peppers with rice mixture. Gently press stuffing down as the pepper is filled. Fill all of the green peppers then place the top on each like a hat
- Add ½ inch of water to the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until the stuffed peppers are hot. The tomato sauce will be bubbly and the cheese will be melted