Stuffed Grape Leaves
- 3 lb
- chuckground beef
- 1 Tbsp
- salt or to taste
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c
- uncle ben's converted rice
- 1 large
- jar of grape leaves
How to Make Stuffed Grape Leaves
- 1Mix meat, all seasoning, lemon juice and rice and blend well with (hands) or wooden spoon
- 2Meanwhile pull leaves carefully from jar and wash from the brine. Trim of the stems, and size them small, medium, and large. Let drain on tea towel or paper towel's.
- 3You will need 2 lbs good meaty pork bones to layer in bottom of pot. First, boil bones for 15 minutes,adding enough water to cover bones, add 1 teas. each of salt, cinnamon,and all spice.
- 4Skim top and save broth. Place bones in bottom of 6 quart pot.
- 5To roll leaves, flatten each leave shiny side down,on a cutting board. Add about a tablespoon of meat and rice mixture, more or less depending on leaf size roll tightly (like you do cabbage rolls) folding end of leaves over and place in pot on top of bones, large ones first , medium, then small.Then place heavy plate on top, leaving about 1 inch opening on all sides (the plate helps them from floating.
- 6Add saved bone broth plus water to cover the pot. Bring to a full boil for about 10 minutes then reduce fire to medium for about 20 minutes. cut fire off and stand in pot covered, before serving after it cools, poy could slowly be turned over into a large serving platter.
- 7left overs? maybe keeped in refrigerator about 3 day's or frozen for several months bring to room temp. before reheating.