Stuffed Flank Steak
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 lbflank steak
1 citalian dressing
2 Tbspgrey poupon mustard
3 cpepperidge farm traditional dressing
1/4 cchopped onions
1/4 cchopped red pepper
1/4 cchopped green pepper
1/4 stickreal butter
1/2 cbeef broth, reduced sodium
How to Make Stuffed Flank Steak
- Put the flank steak on a cutting board and score the meat on both sides, by making diagonal cuts into the meat first from the right and then the left the length of the meat on both sides. You will be barely cutting into the meat. This is a step to tenderize the meat while it marinades. This is not done to slice the meat!
- Make the marinade by combining the italian dressing and mustard. Place the meat into a large plastic bag and marinade it for 4 - 6 hours.
I do this step in the morning and let it marinade all day until I am ready to put it together. You can also do it the night before. You cannot marinade it too long since flank steak is so lean and can be tough without this step.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the meat on a cutting board and prepare the stuffing.
- Saute the vegetables in the butter until they are tender.
- I like to add the stuffing to the pan that the vegetables are in so they soak up the butter. Add beef broth until the mixture is moist and softened.
- Spread the stuffing mixture thinly over the meat. Roll the meat into a pinwheel.
I hold it together with toothpicks while I secure the meat with the cooking twine.
- Bake for 25 minutes a pound. Place it on a cutting board. Let the meat rest when you take it out of the oven. You can cover it loosely with foil.
Hope you enjoy this as much as my family and guests do.