Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Kaldolmar)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
2 lbhead cabbage
1 1/2 lbground beef
1/3 cuncooked rice
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/4 tspground allspice
1/2 chalf and half
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 tspinstant beef bouillon
How to Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Kaldolmar)
- Remove core from cabbage.
- Cover cabbage with cold water; let stand about 10 minutes.
- Remove 12 cabbage leaves. Cover leaves with boiling water. Cover and let stand until leaves are limp, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Mix beef, rice, milk, onion, egg, salt, pepper and allspice.
- Place about 1/2 cup beef mixture at stem end of each leaf.
- Roll leaf around beef mixture, tucking in sides.
- Place cabbage rolls, seam sides down, in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour water over rolls. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F until beef is done, about 1 hour.
- Remove cabbage rolls with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Drain liquid from baking dish, reserving 1/2 cup liquid; skim fat.
- Gradually stir half-and-half into flour in saucepan until smooth.
- Stir in reserved liquid and bouillon. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve sauce with cabbage rolls.