Stuffed Bell Peppers
How to Make Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut tops from bell peppers; trash seeds and membranes. Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup; set aside.
- 3Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered, in boiling water for 5 minutes; invert to drain well. Sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt.
- 4In a skillet cook ground beef, onions, and the 1/4 cup chopped green pepper until meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off excess fat. Add undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and dash of pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in cheese.
- 5Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a large baking dish. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 6(Optional) During the last 5 minutes, I like to add more shredded cheese on top.