You can make your own variations to this recipe. I have made it with turkey vs ham with swiss vs cheddar. Pepperoni vs Salami, American vs Cheddar.
I have even made cabbage and hamburger with 1 cheese and made Beirocks like this. VERY GOOD.
1loaf of frozen bread
6 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
6 ozshredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg6 oz slivered ham
1 pkg6 oz thin sliced salami
2 Tbspmelted butter
1 Tbspprepared mustard
1 cflour, for rolling out bread dough
How to Make Stromboli
- Let dough rise according to package.
- Fry, season and drain hamburger.
- Flour a rolling area, and flour coat a rolling pin, roll dough out into an oblong (rectangular)shape. Spread lightly with butter, followed by mustard.
- Layer the following in center 1/3 of dough lengthwise, leaving about 2" of empty space on each end. Hamburger, cheese, ham, cheese, and salami.
- Fold uncovered 2' ends in first, then bring left and right 1/3 into center and pinch closed to seal. Take a large spatula and lift onto cookie sheet. Careful not to tear the dough.
- Bake at 350 Degree for 15 minutes or until golden brown. To serve more than 4 people, Double recipe.