Steph's Easy Enchiladas
- 2 1/2 oz
- california chili powder or a can of red enchilada sauce the big one (mild, hot, or spicy)
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper, or more to match your taste preferecne
- 1 tsp
- paprika (optional)
- 1 small
- yellow onion
- 1/2 tube(s)
- garlic powder
- 1 bag(s)
- yellow mild cheese, shredded
- 1 lb
- ground beef or turkey or ground chicken, your preference
- 1 1/2 to 2 c
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- season salt or more to match your taste preference
How to Make Steph's Easy Enchiladas
- 1First Turn on oven to 350 degrees, then in a large skillet cook your meat, add the onion (chopped), and the add the salt and pepper, and garlic powder. Then add the oregano, and cumin. stir and cook till the onions are translucent and the meat is done.
- 2In another pan get your chili powder or the can sauce if your using that instead; and pour it in. then add some more cumin, paprika, and season salt. Then add the water (I make sure my pan isn't completely full but a little more than half) stir mixing it all in. Then stir in a can of tomato sauce and bring to a boil. When it reaches a boil reduce heat to barely simmering.
- 3Get your corn tortillas and dip into the chili sauce using a flat spatula. I usually turn it over once but you want to get them soft enough to fold, don't leave it in there too long because your tortilla will break! Then transfer tortilla to the plate add meat mixer and then put cheese on top( I like lots of cheese so I usually add a little bit of the meat not too much! Don't overload it because when rolling it up it will break! Keep making your enchiladas and and place in a cooking pan to put in the oven.
- 4After you rolled all your enchiladas I cover them all in cheese on top, then I get the rest of the enchilada sauce and pour all over and on the sides making them juicy..(hint if you find your sauce getting thick as you make enchiladas add a little bit of water little by little, watch out not too much because you will have to add more ingredients to flavor it up again and plus the sauce could become thinner.) If that happens you could add an tablespoon of chili powder to it.
- 5Since the enchiladas are warm a little I still like to place mine in the oven at 350 degrees for about almost ten minutes I look to see if all the cheese it melted and the sauce is a little bubbly then I take them out.