4 cbeef tenderloin steak (4-6 ounces)
1.5 Tbspdijon mustard
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 cmushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsponions, minced
1/2 cbeef bouillon
How to Make Stephen's Steak Diane
- Pound steaks between 2 pieces of waxed paper until 1/4 inch thick.
- Dredge in flour mixed with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add steaks; brown about 1 minute on each side; remove steaks to a platter.
- Spread both sides with mustard and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- In same skillet melt remaining butter.
- Add mushrooms and shallots; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add brandy and flame.
- Stir in boullion and remaining worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until hot.
- Return steaks to skillet and reheat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- If wanted, substitute cubed or individual portions of round steaks, pounded.