Steak with Shallot-Red Wine Sauce
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspvegetable oil
2boneless beef rib-eye steaks (about 12-ounces each), or beef tenderloin steaks
1/4 tsppepper, coarsely ground
2 mediumshallots, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
1 cdry red wine
How to Make Steak with Shallot-Red Wine Sauce
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, pat steaks dry with paper towels.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Add steaks; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning steaks over once.
- Transfer steaks to cutting board; keep warm.
- To drippings in skillet, add shallots and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Add wine to skillet and heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- To serve, thinly slice steaks and spoon wine sauce on top.