Steak with Red Bell Peppers and Beef Consumme Au Jus
How to Make Steak with Red Bell Peppers and Beef Consumme Au Jus
- Start off by seasoning both sides of your steaks. I like to season mine with Lawry's Seasoning salt, Pepper mix, and garlic powder, but you can season it however you'd like. Set aside after you season it.
- Pour the beef consumme into a small pot and set on the stove. Turn the heat on high and sprinkle in a little Lawry's Seasoning salt, and add a half-can of water. Wait for it to boil.
- Wash the red peppers and chop into strips. Turn a pan on high heat on the stove and saute the peppers in a little soy sauce. Once they become fork tender, add them to the beef consumme and turn the heat down to low.
- Add a little flour to the beef consumme/pepper mixture, to thicken it a bit. Not too much; you don't want it too thick!
- Pan fry your steak as you like; I like them medium rare.
- Once your steak is finished cooking,pour in the consumme/pepper mixture and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!