☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largered onion, thinly sliced (i used a mandolin)
1/4 cred wine vinegar
1/2 cdry red wine (i used merlot)
1 tspgarlic, minced
1 lbbeef top loin, cut into 2 portions
2 tspcracked pepper (i used tri-color peppercorns)
How to Make Honey Onion Steaks
- In a medium non-reactive mixing bowl, stir together red wine vinegar, wine, honey and garlic. Add onion slices to mixture and stir, ensuring onions are coated with mix. Set aside while you prepare the steaks, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, trim any fat from the meat. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with pepper, pressing it into the surface of the meat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks for 5 - 8 minutes, turning once, ensuring they are nicely browned. Remove steaks to a plate, reserving drippings in skillet. Keep steaks warm.
- Add the onion mixture to the drippings in the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes or until onions are just crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return steaks and any meat juices that accumulated on the plate to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, 3 - 4 minutes until steaks reach desired doneness and liquid is reduced by half, occasionally spooning the cooking liquid over the steaks.
- To serve, transfer steaks to serving plates, spooning onion mixture over the steaks. These sreaks go well with baked potatoes or rice pilaf. Enjoy!
- NOTE: For those of you who do not cook with wine, you can substitute 1/4 cup beef broth and 2 Tbsp each lemon juicce and balsamic vinegar.