Steak Strips with Dumplings
I got this recipe and picture off of Taste of home web site , it was posted by a John Smalldridge of Princeton Idaho.
3/4 lbbeef top round steak ; cut into 1/2" strips
2 tspcanola oil
2/3 ccondensed cream of chicken soup ; undiluted
1/2 cbeef broth
4 largefresh mushrooms ; sliced
1/4 ceach ; chopped onion , green pepper , celery
1/2 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspbeaten egg
3 Tbsp2% milk
1/2 tspdried parsley flakes
How to Make Steak Strips with Dumplings
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper. In a small skillet , brown steak in oil over med-high heat.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2 Qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the soup , broth and vegetables and pour over steak.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- For dumplings ; in a small bowl , combine the flour , baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the egg and milk until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonsfuls onto meat mixture . sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
NOTE : do not lift lid while cooking dumplings