Steak -n-Cheese Stuffed Biscuits
Blue Ribbon Recipe
In the Test Kitchen, these reminded us of a Philly cheesesteak inside a biscuit. Quick & easy to make, these are perfect for your next tailgate or football party. Yummy! The Test Kitchen
1cooked steak, I used prime rib, chopped small
1 clovegarlic, minced
1half onion, chopped small
1half green bell pepper, chopped small
2 stickscallions, finely chopped
4baby portebello mushrooms
1 pinchsalt and pepper
2 can(s)small country style biscuits
1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cfeta cheese
·Italian bread crumbs
1 Tbspolive oil
·spinach, fresh with out stems
How to Make Steak -n-Cheese Stuffed Biscuits
- First preheat your oven to 375.
- Heat up a large pan with olive oil and place your steak & vegetables, except for the spinach, in the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and saute until edges are lightly browned on veggies. I used steak that was leftover but you could use uncooked steak and just saute longer until steak was cooked to your liking since the steak is chopped so small it does not take long.
- Now lay 10 biscuits flat on a cookie sheet sprayed lightly with non-stick spray.
- Then lay spinach on each biscuit then a spoon of sauteed veggies, then cheese. Use the remaining 10 biscuits as your top lay them over the tops and pinch the side of the biscuits together making a stuffed biscuit.
- Brush biscuits with egg white and sprinkle with Italian bread crumbs.
- Poke holes in tops of biscuits before baking (I use a fork). Bake until biscuits are lightly browned.
- Do not over fill.=)