Steak In Pitas (Mock Gyros)
How to Make Steak In Pitas (Mock Gyros)
- 1Place steak in ziploc freezer bag; combine red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, salad oil and crushed garlic cloves; add to meat.
- 3To prepare: thaw steak in marinade.
- 4Prepare cucumber sauce.
- 5Barbecue or grill steak under oven broiler until medium rare.
- 6Slice steak against the grain in thin strips.
- 7Tear thin strip from edge of pita breads; open and stuff with steak and shredded lettuce; add cucumber sauce.
- 8Cucumber sauce: peel and grate cucumber; mix with yogurt and chill until ready to serve.