Steak & Guinness Pie1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Steak & Guinness Pie
- 1Cut the steak into bite sized cubes, roll in seasoned flour and brown in the lard with the bacon, chopped small.
- 2Place the meat in a casserole, peel and chop the onions, and fry until golden before adding them to the meat.
- 3Add the raisins (if wanted) and brown sugar, pour in the Guinness, cover tightly and simmer over a low heat or in a 325 - 350 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- 4Stir occasionally, and add a little more Guinness or water if the rich brown gravy gets too thick.
- 5Meanwhile, line a deep pie dish with half the pie crust; bake it blind; then add the Guinness/beef mixture from the casserole, cover with the top layer of pie crust, and bake until finished, probably about 10 more minutes.
- 6Variation: for the brown sugar, substitute 3 tablespoons of honey.