Steak & Green Peppers1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
2 lbround steak
1/4 csoy sauce
1 cwater chestnuts
1 cbeef bouillon
2garlic cloves, mashed
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 cboiling water
3 largegreen bell peppers
How to Make Steak & Green Peppers
- Cut the steak into 1/2" strips.
- Combine the soy sauce, beef bouillon, mashed garlic and ginger.
- Pour this marinade over the steak strips and cover.
- Marinate, refrigerated, at least 2 hours (up to 12 hours).
- Drain the meat and discard the garlic.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade.
- Dry the meat strips on toweling.
- Brown the meat in the vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Heat the reserved marinade in a separate pan.
- Add the reserved marinade and the boiling water to the meat and cover.
- Simmer about 45 minutes.
- Add the green bell pepper strips and the sliced water chestnuts.
- Simmer until the meat is tender.
- Mix the cornstarch in the second measure of water until smooth.
- Gradually stir this mixture into the meat mixture.
- Continue stirring until the gravy thickens.
- Serve over boiled white rice.