★★★★★ 1 vote5
2beef tenderloin steaks
1/2 Tbspsesame oil
1 1/2 tsppeppercorns, crushed
1 mediumgreen peppers, thinly sliced
1/4 mediumred bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 mediumyellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
2onions, yellow, medium
1/4 csoy sauce
1/8 cbalsamic vinegar
1/4 ctomato juice
6 dash(es)hot pepper sauce (optional)
1green onions, chopped (optional)
How to Make Steak and Peppers
- Press beef tenderloin steaks with palm of hand, flattening to 3/4" thickness.
- Brush both sides of steaks with 1 teaspoon oil; press pepper into both sides.
- Place remaining oil and butter in 11 3/4 x 7 1/2" microwave safe baking dish; microwave on high 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Add peppers and yellow onions, stirring to coat with oil mixture.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes or until peppers and onions are tender, stirring twice; reserve.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in 4 cup microwave safe glass measure; stir in balsamic vinegar, tomato juice and hot pepper sauce.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes or until mixture boils; stir.
- Continue cooking on high 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened; stirring once.
- Preheat browning dish on high 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir cooked sauce into reserved peppers and onions, set aside.
- Press steaks down firmly on browning dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 2 minutes.
- Turn steaks and continue cooking on high 1 to 2 minutes longer or until desired doneness.
- If necessary, reheat pepper mixture on high 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Remove peppers to serving platter with slotted spoon; top with steaks. Sprinkle with green oinions.
- Serve steaks and peppers with remaining sauce.