Steak a La Stone1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 4 lb
- filet mignon, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 4 large
- onions, sliced
- 1 c
- butter, melted
- 16 oz
- pimientos, sliced
- salt and pepper
- toast points
How to Make Steak a La Stone
- 1Place meat on cold rack of broiler pan.
- 2Broil 3 inches from heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- 3Allow 14 to 16 minutes total time for rare; 18 to 20 minutes for medium.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute onion in butter until tender; add pimiento and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cook and stir mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Cut broiled steak in thin slices; add to sauce.
- 7Serve immediately with toast points.