STANDING PRIME RIB ROAST
This recipe is fool proof. The meat is pink through out the roast or medium rare.
How to Make STANDING PRIME RIB ROAST
- Ask the butcher or select a well marbelized standing aged prime rib roast with white or cream colored fat. Ask the butcher to cut the rib bones away from the roast, but tie them to the roast.
- Let meat stand at room temperature for at least one hour before cooking. (VERY IMPORTANT)
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES
- Cut in the roast randomly little slits along the top. Place a clove of garlic in this slit. Now rub meat well with salt and pepper all over the roast.
- Place in a low pan with rack on the bottom so meat is not sitting in grease.
- DO NOT ADD WATER to pan. DO NOT cover meat.
- Put roast in the oven Cook for 1 hour. DO NOT OPEN the oven door. When meat has cook 1 hour. TURN OVEN OFF. DO NOT OPEN the oven door.
- Regardless of the length of time meat has been in oven 30 to 40 minutes before serving TURN OVEN ON again to 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Now you can open the door. Remove roast to a platter or cutting tray. Let roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing. When slicing remove cloves of garlic.
- TIP: Place dinner plates in oven to warm them before placing meat on plate. Use a potholder and do not get plates too hot ~ you just want to warm them.
- TIP: For those who have people who prefer the ENDS or meat doner than medium rare, BUY two small roast versus one BIG roast. This was you will have more ends with meat done to medium and medium well.