Spicy Shredded Beef Burritos~Robynne
I usually make the beef the day before I serve the burritos and reheat and adjust seasoning, as needed, but this is not necessary.
Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole and don't forget the sour cream!
Thanks to Bonnie Dare for the great rice recipe "Cilantro Lime Rice" found on this site!
Disclaimer: I have always used recipes as a guide and use my instincts and experience to alter or omit ingredients as I cook. Therefore, it has always been a challenge when sharing recipes with others. I doubt I make dishes the same way twice. So, I advise you to use my recipes the same way. Trust your experience and adjust to your personal taste~Robynne
- 4-5 lb
- beef sirloin tip roast
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- sprinkle southwest chipotle seasoning, granulated garlic, pepper, salt on roast
- 1/3 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- lime juice
- chipotle peppers-canned
- (i have used knorr chipotle flavored cubes-like bullion cubes) and eliminate the need for food processing
- 5 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 tsp
- ground cumin
- 2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- ground clove
- 32 oz
- beef broth (or enough to cover roast in dutch oven)
- bay leaves
- 15 ounce cans of pinto beans
- 2 slice
- salt pork
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- cumin or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- burrito sized flour tortillas
- shredded monterey jack and white cheddar combined
- your favorite salsa (we love rojo's fresh cut salsa, restaurant style
- guacamole, if desired
- sour cream, if desired
- fresh cilantro, if desired
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
How to Make Spicy Shredded Beef Burritos~Robynne
- 1Sprinkle seasoning on roast. In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil and cook each side of roast until lightly browned.
- 2Adobo Sauce: Combine the lime juice, vinegar, chipotle peppers, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and clove in a blender (you can also use a food processor) and blend at the highest speed until it’s smooth and creamy.
- 3Pour the adobo sauce over the meat and add in the beef broth and bay leaves. Cover and roast in 325 F degree oven for approx. 5 hours or until tender.
- 4While roast is cooking, add all the bean ingredients in a crock pot and heat on high until bubbling, stir and simmer on low heat until ready to serve.
- 5When roast is done, let cool and remove the butchers twine and bay leaves. Shred the beef using two forks and remove excess fat as you shred. Adjust seasoning if needed and simmer on low heat until ready to serve.
- 6Make Lime Cilantro Rice as directed.
- 7When ready to serve, warm tortilla in a dry skillet or wet with water and roll in a paper towel, heat in microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- 8Add a rice, beef, beans, salsa, cheese, guacamole and sour cream. Fold in both sides of the tortilla and then roll up as tight as possible from bottom to top, keeping the sides closed in as you go.