★★★★★ 1 vote5
1.5 lbround steak filets
1 ccelery rib, sliced
1 cgreen onions, chopped
1/3 csoy sauce
1garlic clove, crushed
1/3 csalad oil
1 ctomatoes, chopped
1.5 cbell pepper, julienned
How to Make Spicy Pepper Steak
- Remove seeds and membranes from the bell peppers and slice lengthwise into strips.
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin strips.
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, paprika, ginger and 2/3 of the oil.
- Add the beef strips, toss to blend and let the beef marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables while the meat is marinating.
- Remove the meat from the marinade.
- Strain the marinade and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large, heavy frying pan.
- Add the beef and toss over high heat until the beef is well browned.
- If the meat isn\'t tender enough at this time, add a little water and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- Add all the vegetables except the tomatoes.
- Turn up the heat (medium or high) and toss the vegetables, cooking until tender-crisp (about 10 minutes).
- Add the meat.
- Mix the cornstarch with water and add to the pan.
- Cook, stirring steadily, until thickened.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.