1 smallonion, minced
1 Tbspgarlic cloves, minced
1 tspground black pepper
1/2 tspred pepper
2 lbground beef
4hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
4 slicered onion, thinly sliced
How to Make Spiced Hamburgers
- Combine oil and onion in a small skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes, or until onions soften.
- Add garlic, pepper, red pepper and continue to cook another minute.
- Scrape the onion mixture into a mixing bowl, add the beef and mix well.
- Form 4 patties, place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place a large, heavy skillet on the stove over high heat.
- When it is nearly smoking, add the hamburger patties.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn the patties and cook on the other side until desired doneness, about 1 minute for very rare, 4 minutes for medium-well.
- Arrange burgers on hamburger buns and garnish each with a slice of onion and tomato.
- Offer ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise.