Speedy Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 1/2 lb
- round steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 tsp
- meat tenderizer
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 15 oz
- tomato sauce
- celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Speedy Swiss Steak
- 1Cut meat into serving sized pieces.
- 2Moisten meat, lightly, with water.
- 3Sprinkle meat with tenderizer on each side of the steak; allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 5Sprinkle meat with flour.
- 6Add meat to hot oil and brown 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Turn meat and add onion powder.
- 8Cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until meat is well browned.
- 9Add all remaining ingredients and reduce heat.
- 10Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.