Speedy Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbround steak, 1/2 inch thick
3/4 tspmeat tenderizer
1 tsponion powder
15 oztomato sauce
1celery stalk, chopped
1/8 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Speedy Swiss Steak
- Cut meat into serving sized pieces.
- Moisten meat, lightly, with water.
- Sprinkle meat with tenderizer on each side of the steak; allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle meat with flour.
- Add meat to hot oil and brown 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn meat and add onion powder.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until meat is well browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.