★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 mediumgreen peppers
1.5 lbground beef
1/4 conion, chopped
1/4 ccelery, chopped
3/4 coats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
1/2 ctomato juice
10.5 ozcream of mushroom soup
How to Make Special Stuffed Peppers
- Cut 1/4-inch slice from top of each green pepper; remove seeds.
- Cook green peppers about 5 minutes in enough boiling salted water to cover them; drain.
- Pan-fry ground beef, onion and celery until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; combine thoroughly.
- Fill green peppers with meat mixture.
- Stand upright in shallow baking pan; add small amount of water.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with mushroom sauce made by heating together mushroom soup and milk.