The first words out of her mouth was can you make bread? pies? of course I didn't. So she stayed around for the next day and gave me a crash course in cooking. I made a lot of scribbled notes and she left.
A lot of hungry hunters, all smiling after a full meal was good enough for me, to tell it was working out Great!
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 pkg
- (envelope) lipton onion soup mix
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
- beef oxo (bullion granules)
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- pepper (no salt as the soup mix has quite a bit))
- i use this for a large moose roast.
MAKE A PASTE:
BEEF ROAST: RUMP
How to Make Special Roast
- 1In a coffee cup, add the rest of the ingredients for the paste.
Add ketchup a little at a time and stir, to make a thick paste.
You can add more of the other ingredients, as nothing is measured out..just a little of this and that.
Trim fat off as needed.
- 2Place roast in roaster and add a little water (about 1" to bottom of pan)
Put the paste on the top of the roast and cover as much as possible.
this will seal the meat and make it tender.
Cover and bake for 3 hours.
I have made gravy out of the drippings in the bottom of the pan after the roast has cooked, but it was a little to strong for my taste.
Also, if your roast is smaller, just cut the ingredients in 1/2.
I have also used the crock pot and this has worked out well. I added potatoes and carrots for the last hour of cooking.
- 3This works very well with a wild game roast.