- 1 1/2 lb
- ground turkey or beef
- 1 box
- spanish 'rice-a-roni' mix
- 2 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes mild or your preference
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 dash(es)
- parmesan cheese to give a little saltiness
- 6 large
- bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix
- handful of quick cooking rice
How to Make Spanish Stuffed Peppers
- 1Preheat Oven 325
- 2Cook the Rice A Roni and another handful of rice (quick cooking) and the tsp. of Taco seasoning. Cook according to package directions. When done put into bowl, add the Rotel and save an empty can, in same pan cook ground meat till done then mix with Rice-A-Roni,
- 3Clean and cut tops out of peppers and take out membrane and seeds. Spray Pam in baking dish. Place peppers into appropriate size baking dish, they can all be touching.
- 4Fill peppers with Rice-A-Roni mixture and spread the rest around the peppers. With the empty can fill with water and pour over peppers and around sides to keep peppers and rice moist and to keep from burning the bottoms. Take a fork and mix water in a little around peppers and just run fork down the rice mix inside the peppers to let the water drain down. If you see a little water remaining on top... Not to worry, the rice will soak it all up and you want it nice and moist.
- 5Place a lid or tin foil tightly on top and bake for one hour. Peppers should be wrinkled and very tender. After peppers are done take off tin foil sprinkle all the cheese on top and with oven off just slip them into oven for a few minutes till cheese is melted.