How to Make Spanish Rice with Beef
- Cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- TO COOK IN A SKILLET: Heat the mixture to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 30 minutes (a small amount of water can be added if necessary).
- TO COOK IN THE OVEN: Pour the mixture into an ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.