Spaghetti sauce with a "Surprise"
We loved it. The smokey flavor really enhanced it. I had my first green chili come up in my garden so I de-seeded and added that also.I have used banana peppers in my sauce also-so that may be good in place of the green chili.
- 1 lb
- ground angus beef, or sirloin
- chopped onion
- chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 1/2 slice
- bacon, uncooked; diced
- 1 can(s)
- 26 oz
- hunts garlic and herb spaghetti sauce-or your fav
- 2 large
- handfuls of parmesan or romano cheese
- mccormicks salad supreme
- onion powder
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- better than bouillon- beef flavor
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- chopped green chili, seeds removed
- feel free to add or delete whatever seasonings you wish.
How to Make Spaghetti sauce with a "Surprise"
- 1Brown the beef, onions and pepper together. cook and stir for about 5 min. Add some minced garlic and the green chili if desired. Cook for about 2 more min. Drain off the grease, set aside the meat.
- 2In the same pot, cook the bacon until crisp. Do not drain-you want a bit of the bacon grease for flavor. Add the drained meat back to the pot.
- 3Add the sauce to pan-add some water to the can to get all the sauce and pour that in also; and seasonings and mushrooms. Cook on med-high for a few min. When it starts to bubble turn down to low. Cover and simmer for at least 1/2 hour to an hour. During the last 5 or 10 min. add a big handful of parm or romano and stir.
- 4Meanwhile boil some pasta. Add a bit of butter and toss. Add some parm or romano to taste. (This is how I did it-feel free to leave pasta naked:)
- 5Serve the sauce over pasta. Add more parm if you wish-I did. We ate this with warm crescent rolls.