Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers
we really enjoyed this meal.. With rolls and a salad,Nuttin better!!
1 lblean ground beef
1/4 cchopped onion
one pkgtaco seasoning mix
2 ccooked rice
1 can(s)diced tomatoes --19 oz
16 ozjar salsa
·shredded cheddar cheese
4-6green bell peppers
How to Make Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Combine beef, onion, seasoning mix and egg in a large bowl. Add rice
and mix well
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and
- Spread tomatoes on the bottom of an ovenproof 12 X 9 inch
- The liquid from the tomatoes will reduce during cooking,
so add about a cup of water. This also helps make the peppers softer.
- Place peppers, cut side up, on top of the tomatoes. Spoon beef mixture
into peppers, mounding as necessary. Top each pepper with salsa. Bake
in preheated 375F oven for 40-45 minutes or until beef is cooked
thoroughly and peppers are soft.
- Cover each pepper with cheese and return to oven, under the broiler,
until the cheese melts; less than a minute. Serve with sour cream and