Southwestern Pasta Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
8 ozlight sour cream
1 can(s)original diced tomatoes and chilies (i use rotelle*)
2 cshredded mexican taco cheese (or cheese of choice)
8 ozpasta of choice (i used tiny ziti)
**PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES**
How to Make Southwestern Pasta Casserole
- Take 1/2 of the chopped onion and saute in a tiny bit of oil (I sprayed pot with nonstick cooking spray) until tender. Add hamburger (seasoned with salt and pepper) and brown. (drain fat).
- Add 2/3 cup water and 1 package of taco seasoning. Bring to a boil then simmer to let meat thicken. Open the can of chopped tomatoes and chilies and drain the liquid into the meat mixture. Stir well and continue to simmer.
- While preparing meat, boil water (add a little salt) and cook pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the meat mixture.
- Take the chopped chilies and add to the sour cream. Mix well. Add the other half of chopped onions to this mixture. (will give casserole some texture).
- Take a 2 quart casserole and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with half of the pasta meat mixture. Next spread all of the sour cream mixture. Then add the pasta meat mixture on top of the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350*. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.