8 mediumgreen peppers
1 lblean ground beef
1 (14.5) ozcan diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 1/2 cwater
1 (5.4 oz)envelope mexican-style rice and pasta mix
2 c(4 oz.) shredded mexican-style cheese blend
How to Make Southwest Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain; add the diced tomatoes, water and rice mix.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place 1/3 cup rice mixture in each pepper; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese; top with remaining rice mixture.
- Place in a greased 13- X 9-inch baking dish; cover and bake in preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted and peppers are tender.