Southwest Meatball Supper1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 mediumonion, diced
1 Tbspchili powder
1 lblean ground beef
1/2 cfine dried bread crumbs
16 oztaco sauce
1 largetomato, chopped
1 smalliceberg lettuce head, cored and shredded
1/4 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1 smallavocado, peeled and sliced
How to Make Southwest Meatball Supper
- In 10" skillet, over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add onion and chili powder and cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is tender and well coated with chili powder.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Spoon onion into large bowl; wipe out skillet.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and salt to onion in bowl.
- Using hands or wooden spoon, blend well.
- Shape mixture into 1" balls.
- To skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add meatballs; cook about 12 minutes until well browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Stir in taco sauce and tomato; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- To serve: Arrange bed of shredded lettuce over platter.
- Spoon meatball mixture over lettuce; sprinkle with cheese,if desired.
- Garnish with avocado slices and basil spring, if desired; serve with taco chips.